Monday, 13 February 2012

Getting to know me.

Hello all, my name is Kristina Youngblut. 

I have been in the Architectural community for the last 10 years, and have been an avid user of AutoCAD for almost 15 years with the last 5 years developing high-end custom models in Revit.

Like most of us CAD lifers, I started using CAD software in school, but very quickly realized that I had a real talent for developing objects within the system; competing in competitions and placing either 2nd or 3rd within my first year. I even was given an award for a house design from Hamilton Home Builders association.

Over the last 6 years of my professional career I have been the Lead CAD Developer for custom configurable CAD systems; which allow online users to custom configure select products and receive the custom CAD for these products in seconds (Revit in a couple minutes). My main specialty has been "Elevators and Escalators" and "Windows and Doors" though there have been a few other systems that were commissioned but these took up the last 6 years.

KONE, Inc. (North American / Global)
 - Global Systems: http://koneglobal.hostctb.com/

Jeld-Wen Windows and Door

Sto Corp.

Simonton Windows and Doors
Pella Windows and Doors

Working on a self-contained system that requires no CAD Technician interference when a user selects a product and their custom options is not that difficult, anyone using the Parametric Attributes in AutoCAD or Revit, knows all the restraints and issues that arise by making an intelligent model.  But to make a model that does more than that has issues unforeseen by anyone, even me at the time; and even today every new commission brings with it its own new set of issues and constraints to work around within the system.

Feel free to check out some of these systems, and please remember when configuring a system, that you are NOT just getting a static model saved to a system, we actually built a system/program that takes the data and items you selected and automatically configures that product in real time.  All constraints and dependencies are based on Manufacturers restraints and options.  If an option is unavailable from a Manufacturer, than it is NOT available in your selection/configuration.
But this isn’t what this blog site is about.  I’m here to give some Tips/Tricks to make life simpler while developing within AutoCAD or Revit.  Feel free to ask questions or post issues you are having and if it is within my power to help, I will provide a step-by-step guide on how to get through.
CAD isn’t difficult; you just have to know how to get through it.
I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful, please pass on any posts that might be useful to others, as the more interest I receive the more I will post to assist the AEC Community in working with these programs.

Best Regards,
Kristina Youngblut

No comments:

Post a Comment